Tully River white water rafting, Cairns, Full Day: The Tully River near Cairns, in Far North Queensland, is one of Australia's premier rafting locations. She has grade 3-4 rapids and amazing views of world heritage-listed rainforests of the Tully Gorge National Park. Rafting on this river is a must-do for anyone chasing the thrill of adrenaline. If you are a white water rafting enthusiast you won't be disappointed spending a day rafting on the Tully River. There are over 44 rapids to navigate. Rafting on the Tully is rated moderate–challenging.
Tully River white water rafting
- White water rafting on the famous Tully river
- A truly adrenaline infused experience
- Views of the gorge and surrounding forest
- Fully guided adventure
On the day of your rafting:
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Cairns. After a scenic journey to the river you will spend up to 5 hours rafting. You'll soon learn to appreciate such terms as 'Alarm Clock', 'Wet and Moisty', 'Stair Case' and the dramatic 'Theatre'. After a bbq lunch by the river you will be back on the water challenging yourself on more Tully rapids! After the days rafting experience you wont be able to stop talking about your days events to your fellow paddlers!
- Transfers from Cairns.
- Pricing above to include transfers.
- Tully River white water rafting takes place at the Tully River, QLD, located 140 kms south of Cairns.
- Coach Transfers From Cairns or Northern Beaches. Departs 6:30am and returns 6:00pm
Rafting Tour times:
- Tully River white water rafting is all day from 6am till 6.00pm
- Please allow up to 11.5 hrs for this experience
- Book in at least 48 hours in advance
What to bring and wear:
- Lace-up runners or sand shoes that will get wet
- Shorts and t-shirt
- Sunscreen, cap/hat
- Dry change of clothes for the trip home
- Jumper or pullover
- Sunglasses and strap
- Personal medications
Do NOT bring or wear jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc.
What is Supplied:
- Transfers to and from Cairns
- Buoyancy vests and helmets
- Maximum of 7 passengers per raft
- The minimum age for rafting is 13 years.
- If under 18 years written parental consent is required.
- If you are pregnant you will be unable to raft with us.
- A average level of fitness is all that is required.
- You should be comfortable in the water.
- The Tully River white water rafting trip runs all year.
- But can be affected by weather conditions such as cyclones.
- In the event the water levels too high after a cyclone, the trip will be cancelled or rescheduled.
Medical Questionnaire & Liability
- Prior to your rafting trip you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and sign our liability waiver
Please note price quoted includes a $30.00 levy comprising land management agency prescribed daily client fee, water release fee and part recovery of public risk insurance premiums and Government taxes and charges. These are costs directly charged by the rafting operator.
Once this experience has been confirmed, any changes are at the discretion of the rafting company and arranged directly with them according to this policy:
- At least 24 hours notice is required to reschedule a booking
- Refunds will be offered if the tour is cancelled by the operator.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.