Sydney Diving Course – PADI Open Water over three days: Exploring beneath the ocean is one of the most liberating experiences you can do. Our PADI Open Water Sydney Diving course is designed to get you into the water as quickly as possible. Taking 3 days with online learning over two consecutive weekends, you’ll have your ticket and be able to join future dives around Sydney or further afield.
Sydney PADI Open Water Diving Course
- This is a Beginners Scuba Diving course, no experience is necessary
- Your dive ticket will be Internationally recognised
- You’ll be qualified to dive to depths of up to 18 metres
- Save time with Online learning
- Pool training is conducted in a heated pool
- Free transport to pool and dive sites
- All scuba diving equipment is supplied
- Maximum of 6:1 students to professional dive instructor
Sydney Diving Course comprises:
- Online learning through the SSI Online Training program. There are six sections to complete at your own pace. A multiple choice exam is conducted at the dive shop before you attend any pool sessions.
- A pool or confined water session. This is where you develop basic scuba and self rescue techniques. When you are comfortable with the pool environment its time to move to the more advanced open water component. This is where the real fun begins.
- Open water training. Over days 2 and 3 you spend time in the ocean and usually take place at Long Bay and Bare Island. Here you will complete at least 4 open water dives executing the skills learned in the pool. After you have completed this open water session you’ll become a certified open water diver. This means you are licensed to dive, with a buddy, to a maximum depth of 18 metres. This qualification is recognised throughout the world of scuba diving.
- The minimum age to participate is ten years old.
- A parent or guardian's consent is required for participants under 18 years old.
- You must be able to swim 200 metres non-stop. There is no time limit and and you may use any swimming stroke(s).
- You must be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes.
- You also have to complete a Medical Questionnaire. If any of the questions are flagged as "Yes" you will need to gain medical clearance from a doctor prior to participating. This questionnaire must be completed prior to attending the scuba diving experience. It can be completed online.
- This experience is affected by weather. If cancelled, your experience will be rescheduled.
- Please bring your swim wear, a towel, water.
- All dive equipment will be provided for you.
- Free transport is provided to the pool and the dive sites.
- Maximum 6:1 student to instructor ratio.
These terms and conditions operate in place of Break Loose Terms where they differ.
- 14 days+: Transfers and cancellations are possible without penalty.
- Within 14 Days of course. If you transfer your booking within 14 days from dive course date or fail to complete the required online study you will incur a 50% administration fee. A $20 rebooking fee also applies.
- If you cancel your booking within 14 days from your scheduled dive course or fail to attend you will forfeit the full cost of the course. Refunds are not possible within 14 days.
- All dive courses must be completed within 180 days of the original scheduled start date.
Not ready for a full course? Check this out: