Snowy River Overnight Wilderness Rafting Adventure, NSW, Kosciuszko National Park: This is the perfect adventure trip for all ages. The Snowy River Overnight Wilderness Rafting Adventure is an two camping and rafting adventure into the heart of Snowy River country. Ideal for families and groups of friends. You start this adventure with a luxury 5 star breakfast at Box Ridge. Then we drive you down the spectacularly steep Paupong 4WD trail to the river where you will set off on this white water river adventure. You'll be expertly guided down the remotest areas of the Snowy River, learning about local Aboriginal history and stories. You'll have time for walks in the afternoon and the relax by the campsite. Night time brings with it a campfire under the stars. A yarn with your guides and a deliciously prepared meal. The next day you paddle downstream through the scenic grades of 1 to 2 rapids. Its a trip that creates amazing memories, adds a dose of adventure and builds enduring friendships.
Snowy River Overnight Wilderness Rafting Adventure
- Rafting on the Upper reaches of the Snowy River
- Camping by the river
- Amazing food and a campfire experience
- Conquering Grade 1–2 rapids
- Beautiful high country scenery
We leave for an early morning departure from Jindabyne for breakfast on Box Ridge. This location has spectacular views towards Byadbo Wilderness and the Snowy River.
After breakfast the group descends 800m via Rocks lookout to the River and meet your experienced rafting crew for a comprehensive safety and equipment briefing.
Paddle through spectacular riverside scenery before reaching Alpine Rivers' secluded campsite for a late lunch. Depending on conditions and the time of year, visitors can expect to see some incredible wildlife including platypus, numerous birds, wombats, brumbies, kangaroos and wallabies.
Spend the afternoon relaxing in the wilderness, swapping stories and exploring the surrounding bush, before dinner and a special evening camped by the banks of the Snowy.
Wake to bird calls, billy tea and breakfast then continue your rafting adventure paddling through spectacular river country to Halfway Flat for a late lunch. During the road trip back to Jindabyne see another aspect of these rugged mountains and more amazing views.
Regular departures from Jindabyne at 07.00am, returning to town at approximately 17.00pm the following day. Itinerary and departure dates may be adjusted according to weather and river conditions.
- This is for a group of 6 people to run a trip.
- We can accept 4 or 5 people. Please call for price.
- Large groups? Contact us to discuss.
- None necessary – The Snowy River Overnight Wilderness Rafting Adventure is suitable for novices and advanced whitewater adventurers.
- Rapids are graded 1–3.
- Children between 8–12 years may be required to sit in a guides boat for additional safety
What is included:
- Qualified and experienced guides
- Overnight wilderness expedition
- All meals – from breakfast day one to lunch day two healthy and nutritious meals
- We have a selection of modern safe self-bailing rafts and inflatable canoes
- All rafting/kayaking equipment including wetsuits and spray jackets
- All safety equipment including helmets and PFDs
- All NSW Parks and Wildlife fees
- Camping equipment including tents, mattresses, cooking facilities and tarps for your comfort
- Satellite phone and EPIRB for emergency communications
- Comprehensive first aid kit
- High quality dry bags for your personal gear
What to Bring on the Snowy River Overnight Wilderness Rafting Adventure:
On the water:
- Footwear: we strongly recommend Dunlop volleys (the real ones not just look-alike’s) OR ‘5.10 brand’ or ‘stealth rubber’ soled runners! They provide by far the best grip for moving around on wet rocks; OR runners with soft rubber soles;
- Avoid sandals and wet suit boots, as they generally do not provide sufficient support when moving around on wet rocks;
- Woollen (e.g. Explorer) or thermal socks;
- Because of the potential for cold conditions thermal wear (fibre pile/fleece of similar garments) should be taken;
- Swimwear OR thermals to wear as under-layer;
- lightweight shorts and shirt – to wear over swimsuit/wetsuit/thermals;
- Peaked cap or sun hat to wear under helmet;
- Small water resistant sunscreen and lip balm;
- A small dry bag for camera, snacks and medication;
- Water bottle with loop (this allows it to be attached to the boat D rings)
Off the water:
- Any extra snacks you may want;
- Sleeping bag – polyester or down – should be rated to Comfort 0°C or lower;
- Camp clothes;
- Rain jacket with hood – coated nylon or Gore-Tex with sealed seams;
- Warm tracksuit pants OR polyester fibre pile pants, NOT jeans or cotton trousers;
- A fibre pile fleece jacket OR warm jumper;
- Second thermal long sleeved top;
- Thermal pants or tights;
- Woollen or thermal socks;
- Runners or very lightweight boots or Crocs/Sandals for around camp;
- heavy boots are not normally required – they can also take up a lot of room in your river bag
- Head lamp LED (e.g. Petzl tikka) and spare batteries OR Small torch;
- Toiletries: minimal soap, tooth paste and tooth brush;
- Towel – light weight pack style;
- Woolen or thermal hat;
- Money – you may wish to purchase drinks, snacks or souvenirs en route;
- Medication – you should bring any medications you take regularly or anticipate you may need, particularly analgesics. We carry medications for emergency use.
You can also bring:
- Thermal bottoms or lycra pants under wetsuit for extra warmth;
- Leather or neoprene sailing gloves;
- Sunglasses with retention strap;
- Over pants – nylon or Gore-Tex;
- Down jacket;
- Thermarest and thermarest chair;
- Inner sheet for sleeping bag;
- Pillow very small or inflatable;
- MP3/Music Player;
- Insect repellent;
- Spare glasses or contact lenses;
- If you prefer your own:
- Wetsuit OR dry suit OR dry top / bottom;
- Mattress - must pack to a maximum of 700mm in length to fit in dry bag
- Tent – small OR Bivvy bag;
- Minimum age is 6 years.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required to enjoy this.
- Please advise us of any medical conditions which may affect your participation in this trip.
- This trip is seasonal an operates Spring-Summer.
Below are the cancellation conditions imposed by the tour operator. These fall outside of the Break Loose Terms and Conditions and override our T&Cs where applicable.
- Cancellation penalties are: No refund is possible if you cancel 7 days or less prior to departure.
- 50% of your booking will be refunded 21 days prior to departure.
- 100% (less 100% per person) for cancellations 30 days or more prior to departure.
- We regret we cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies.
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance prior to booking.
- Personal postponement of your trip may be made up to 14 days prior to your booking.
- A rebooking fee of $25 is paid to the tour guide. This is often preferred to cancellation.
- Rescheduling and trip alterations:
As the river experiences are offered in the outdoors we are subject to environmental changes.
If these changes result in excess or insufficient water for our boats to safely negotiate the river the raft type or the location of the trip may be altered or your trip may be rescheduled.
This policy is critical for the safety of our clients and staff. Deposits will not be refunded in this situation, as you will be offered the choice of a trip on another river or on the same river on another date.
You may also be interested in these day trips:
- Snowy River White Water Rafting Trip, 1 Day, NSW
- Upper Murray River White Water Rafting Trip, 1 Day, NSW