Six Foot Track Guided Hike, Blue Mountains, 3 Days: Join us on a fully supported, guided hike of the famous Six Foot Track from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba. Winding through State forests and national parks, the track follows the 45 kilometre route of the original 1884 horse track. Crossing mountain ranges and falling into deep valleys, the track features sheer sandstone cliffs, waterfalls and panoramas of richly-forested valleys.
The Six Foot Track Guided Hike is a fully supported hike and includes all your bags carried and meals prepared for your enjoyment served with local wines. Our package include snack packs, breakfasts, 3 lunches and delicious dinners featuring beautiful local produce, beer and wines. A tour of Jenolan Caves is also included as part of your journey. A fantastic walking experience with all the creature comforts.
Of course our guides are locals who are passionate, well trained and enthusiastic with the ability to bring to life a depth of information.
Six Foot Track Guided Hike
- Pack Free walk with your overnight luggage transported every day
- Accommodation Night 1 & 2 at Valley View Homestay
- Lunch day 3 at a local winery with spectacular views of the Blue Mountains escarpment
- Smorgasbord lunch on the trail day 2
- 2 x Hot and Cold breakfasts
- 2 x Dinner served with wine in Valley View Homestay
- Morning Jenolan Caves tour
- Fresh fruit and trail mix to enjoy during your walk
- Professional guides
- Transfers to Jenolan Caves to start your walk
Six Foot Track Guided Hike Itinery
Day 1: Jenolan Caves to Black Range
Walk: Approximately 10kms. 4 hours walking with breaks. Medium grade
- Meet at the historic Carrington Hotel In Katoomba for our walking briefing at 8.30am.
- We transfer to Jenolan Caves where we enjoy a cave tour of these remarkable limestone formations.
- We enter the Temple of Baal Cave via the ‘Binoomea Cut’ along the manmade tunnel.
- Then travel down the ‘Dragon’s Throat’, via a dramatic winding staircase.
- After the cave tour, we start the walk on the Six Foot Track to Black Range.
- We pass the stunning Carlotta’s Arch overlooking Blue Lake and head up Binoomera Ridge.
- On the way, we will pass the pretty Jenolan Cottages a favourite stomping ground for mobs of kangaroos.
- Cross several fern gullies and creeks and forests of eucalypt before reaching Black Range Campground.
- Here we transfer to our accommodation for the night at the Valley View Homestay.
Day 2: Black Range to Coxs River
Walk: Approximately 17kms 6 hours walking with breaks. Medium to Hard grade
- After a hearty breakfast we transfer back to the trail to start our walk down the range to Coxs River.
- Today has many downhill sections descending 800 metres over the course of the day.
- We follow the fire trail passing through wooded country past Mini Mini saddle with views ahead to the valley.
- On the last descent into Coxs River, will are meet by our transport back to our accommodation at Valley View Homestay.
Day 3: Coxs River to Nellies Glen, Katoomba
Walk: Approximately 16kms. 6 hours walking with breaks. Medium grade
- After breakfast, we transfer back to the Six Foot Track picking it up at the Coxs River.
- We follow the trail along the pretty river to the historic Bowtell Swing Bridge and exciting river crossing.
- Meander through the forest to we reach the charming Dryridge Estate Winery in the Megalong Valley.
- We enjoy a lunch stop here with a delicious BBQ lunch and wine tasting.
- After lunch we follow the rolling hills passing properties with horses.
- Our final steps that will takes us through the rainforest gorge of Nellies Glen.
- Ensure you stop to look up at the spectacular escarpment above you as you make the climb.
- We finish the Six Foot Track hike near the Explorer Tree, with transfers back to the Carrington Hotel.
Nights 1 and 2 are spent at Valley View Homestay. You can take in the views relaxing on the deck. Or cool off with a swim in the infinity pool. At night depending on the weather we can relax outside for dinner or sitting around the fireplace.
Bedroom 1: 2 single beds
Bedroom 3: 2 singles beds
Bedroom 4: 3 singles beds
Bedroom 5: 3 single beds
There are 2 bathrooms in the house and guests will need to take turns using the facilities.
This is shared accommodation.
Please note: This is an extremely remote area and no 5-star hotels exist, however, the accommodation chosen is clean and comfortable. A 25 minute transfer is required day 1 from the end of the walk to the accommodation, whilst on night two a 45-minute transfer will be required.
- A good to excellent level of fitness is needed to complete this walk.
- The Six Foot Track hike is graded as medium (with some hard uphill sections).
- We'll take the pace at a level that suits everyone.
- There are plenty of rest stops during the day.
We advise taking out Travel Insurance to cover items such as cancellation of tour due to minimum numbers not met, or adverse weather conditions, injury, evacuation, delayed flights, illness, etc.
You may also enjoy these Blue Mountains walking tours:
- Wolgan Valley with Glow Worm Cave 2 Day Walk
- Mt Solitary Circuit Hike, Blue Mountains, 3 Days
- Kanangra to Katoomba Hike, Blue Mountains, 4 Days
- Blue Mountains Explorer | Bushwalking Day Tour
- Weekend Hiking Tour, Blue Mountains | Ruined Castle Hike
- Blue Mountains Valley of the Waterfalls Walking Tour (Private for 6 people)
- Blue Mountains Hiking Tour, Ruined Castle, Private Tour (Private for 6 people)