Perth Rock Climbing and Abseiling Experience: This is half day experience taking on the rock face at Stathams Quarry in Perth. You'll be guided by professional climbing guides on techniques as you learning rock climbing. Designed for beginners with little or no rock climbing experience and wish to either start or extend their outdoor rock climbing abilities.
As you climb up the rock face, you'll then be instructed on how to abseil back down. Once again your professional guides will be with you teaching you the correct techniques to abseil safely. This Rock Climbing and Abseiling Experience us unique to Perth and a great way to experience both rock climbing and abseiling.
Perth Rock Climbing and Abseiling
- Instruction on both Rock Climbing and Abseiling
- Challenging yourself on the 40m overhang!
- All equipment plus morning tea and instruction included
The rock climbing course begins with a training session on what rock climbing protocols are, your equipment, safe climbing, communicating with others, tying onto a rope, and belaying the climber.
You will also be instructed on various moves and techniques to improve your climbing style and to aid you in climbing difficult walls. Various pitches and difficulties are set up by the instructors during your course to allow you to experience different climbing scenarios. Your climbing instructors are never far and will be offering help and guidance while you climb.
Then it's onto abseiling with a general safety brief, followed by an overview of the equipment used during the program and fitting of personal gear, a demonstration on abseiling technique and further specific safety points. You'll then lean new abseiling skills on the 15m Introduction Wall. Then you put those skills into practice on the 40m Overhang.
- Morning Session; Meet at 8:00 am Finish at 12:30
- Afternoon session; meet at 1pm finish at 4:30pm
- Dates in our calendar are a guide only. We confirm on booking.
- If you don't see a date you are after please contact us.
- The Perth Rock Climbing and Abseiling Experience is held at Gooseberry Hill (Stathams Quarry) approximately 30 minutes from Perth CBD.
- If you organise a group of 8 or more people we can run the program on a date of your choice.
Fitness levels and experience:
- No experience is required.
- The instructors will teach you everything you need to know.
- A reasonable level of fitness is needed.
What to bring and wear on the day:
- Water and snacks for the day
- Day pack for personal gear
- Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Hair tie if you have long hair
- Comfortable footwear (runners or boots)
- Rain jacket, thigh to knee length
- Glasses and sunglasses should be secured with a retainer strap
- You should bring a second pair of glasses or contact lenses on the day
What is supplied:
- Experienced instructor/s
- All rock climbing and abseiling equipment including climbing boots
- First aid kits
- Access fees
Please feel free to bring any items of personal rock climbing gear that you have.