Marine World Outer Great Barrier Reef Experience from Cairns, QLD: Join this cruise to Reef Magic Cruises' exclusive all-weather Marine World platform. Marine World is situated on the outer Great Barrier Reef and is the perfect location for you if you want to snorkel on possibly the best reef system in the world. It is a spacious, floating activity platform providing the best experience for swimmers and non-swimmers. The further out from the coast you are, the greater the quality and quantity of marine life and corals. Marine World is situated far from the coast, it is a ninety minute fast catamaran boat trip to the pontoon.
The amazing location of Marine World is a truly once in life time experience that includes snorkelling in a sheltered coral lagoon, scuba diving, and/or a guided Snorkel Safari by an esteemed Marine Biologist. (Scuba diving and Snorkel Safari are optional extras).
Marine World Outer Great Barrier Reef Experience
- 90 min fast boat cruise to the outer reefs
- Snorkelling on a pristine reef system
- Exploring the Great Barrier Reef
- Plenty of time to relax
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Wonderful tropical lunch provided
Marine World platform located?
The Marine World platform is located on the north eastern end of Moore Reef, approximately 45km’s offshore from Cairns. The location is far enough from coastal rivers, streams and sandy beaches to ensure clear ocean waters and maximum underwater visibility in a range of weather conditions.
What if I can't swim?
The Marine World facility caters for all ages and swimming abilities. We have a range of “dry activities” so you can experience the reef without even getting wet. These include our Semi-Submersible and Glass Bottom boat tours, both with interactive commentary, we have an underwater observatory with fish feeding demonstration, plus the opportunity to take an affordable reef-scenic helicopter flight at extra cost. There is a large sundeck with lounges to relax and take in the panoramic views of the coral sea.
Your Marine World Outer Great Barrier Reef Experience includes the following
- You'll spend 5 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- All snorkelling gear and instruction included
- Marine World – A floating reef activity platform
- Glass bottom boat & semi-sub tours included
- On board marine biology presentation
- Fish feeding and identification session with marine biologist
- Underwater Observatory
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- A delicious tropical buffet lunch overlooking the reef
- Prices shown include Environmental Management Charge
- Child* 4–14yrs
- Infant 0–4yrs (Free) please include when booking.
- Family** rate is for 2 Adults and 2 children
What to bring:
- Swimmers & Towel
- Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- Change of clothes
- Extra cash or credit card for onboard purchases
- The Marine World Outer Great Barrier Reef Experience is weather dependent.
- In bad weather your tour may need to be cancelled or rescheduled at short notice.
- If the weather is deemed too bad to travel and you are unable to reschedule, a full refund will be provided.
- Check-in commences inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, at 08:00.
- Our vessel departs Cairns Marlin Jetty at 09:00.
- Arrive at the reef by 10:30, leaving the reef at 15:30 and arriving back in Cairns by 17:00.
- There are toilets on the boat accessible at all times throughout the day.
- Fresh warm water rinse showers and changing rooms are on the Marine World platform.
- The Reef Magic III catamaran has a wheel chair accessible bathroom (shower & toilet) and even baby-change facilities.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.