Our Hunter Valley Hot Air Balloon flight is not like any normal hot air balloon flight in the Hunter Valley. Our flights never have more than 10 passengers. This intimate balloon flight will take you over the lush country-side and wineries that makes the Hunter Valley such a wonderful location for ballooning.
Hunter Valley Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Low passenger numbers!
- Amazing views of the Hunter wine region
- Champagne breakfast at the Mercure Resort
You will meet your pilot and other passengers at the Mercure Resort normally 45 minutes before sunrise. After a quick briefing you board the 4WD to take the group to the launch site. On arrival the pilot and ground crew will inflate the balloon. You can join in the experience or sit back and watch the balloon take shape.
Once everyone is aboard, the hot air balloon will gently rise above the trees and wineries offering you beautiful views of the Hunter Valley. This intimate Hunter Valley hot air balloon flight will last approximately 1 hour before coming back to earth.
Now that the balloon has landed, the support crew will pack up the balloon while you and the other passengers relax and discuss the mornings balloon flight. Then its back to the Mercure Resort for a traditional glass of bubbles and breakfast.
- Small personalised group size
- 45–65 minute flight
- Champagne celebration + breakfast
- Flight certificate
- 100% refund if flight is cancelled because of the weather
- Transfers to and from the launch site
- Don’t forget your camera!
Remember, we keep it special with our Hunter Valley hot air balloon flight – never more than 10 passengers per flight!
SUMMER FLIGHT SPECIAL:
**Book and fly during the summer months and save.
What to wear:
- Long trousers, covered shoes and a long-sleeved top/jacket. Natural fibres are best.
- We suggest a cap.
How long does it all take?
- Allow 4 hours from meeting to departing is a good guide.
- Approximately one hour in the air
When is a good time to fly?
- We fly all year round.
- Spring and Summer offer our most reliable months (November–April).
- May to October offers spectacular flights on crisp Autumn and Winter mornings, but can be more weather affected.
Do we offer transfers?
- The pilot can pick you up on his way to the meeting point.
- This does mean you will get there at least 20 minutes before the other passengers.
- Local transfers only.
Where do you meet?
- At the Mercure Resort, Hunter Valley Gardens.
- At the junction of Broke Road and McDonalds Road.
What time do we meet?
- We meet 45 minutes before sunrise, ensuring you a maximum sleep-in.
- This time varies throughout the year, 5am at the earliest, and 6:30am at the latest.
What do I do if my flight is cancelled?
- If your flight is cancelled, flight tickets are refundable or you can re-book.
How do I know if my flight is going ahead?
As ballooning is weather dependent, we ask all passengers to call the Flight Confirmation Line 02 4991 7533, between 6:30-7:00pm the night before you are scheduled to fly.
More Hunter Valley flying experiences you may be interested in:
- Wirraway Joy Flight, Hunter Valley, 20 mins
- Hunter Valley Aerobatics Flight, Extreme Package, Yak 52 Warbird
- Hunter Valley Skydive Experience, 15,000 Ft, Weekends